This award recognises an outstanding project designed by a hydraulic consultancy firm.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- Designs must be completed no earlier than August 2021 (Staged projects, no earlier than August 2019).
- The project can be any class of building.
- Candidates must be QBCC licensed in the relevant field OR have a RPEQ qualification in order to enter.
- Candidates must be based in and undertake work in Queensland, Australia.
- Candidates must be an AHSCA Queensland Chapter consultant member.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence, as site inspections will not be conducted.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
The nominees will be judged on the below criteria for this award category:
- Compliance to NCC
- Adherence to Australian Standards
- Alternate solutions
- Quality of design & documentation
- Use of new products
- Incorporation of environmental products/procedures
- Innovative work
- Input from external designers/consultant/affiliates
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- A detailed description with accompanying drawings must be supplied about the project (any PDF drawings submitted must be bound or in zip files).
- Drawings should be design documentation rather than “As Constructed” documentation. “As Constructed” documentation may be submitted with the design to verify buildability of the design. Local Authority approvals may also be included in the submission as applicable.
- The design can be for projects anywhere in Australia as long as the project has not been submitted for an AHSCA/MPAQ award in another state or territory.
- The areas to be assessed within submission must be tabled (e.g. the laboratory within this building located on drawing H05).
- A minimum of ten high resolution photos must be submitted for judging. Please click here for photo requirements.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.
If you are a winner of this award category, you will receive a trophy, certificate and a prize. You will be publicly recognised at the Awards Presentation Dinner in October 2022 and then featured as an award-winner in the Summer 2022 edition of the Master Plumber Magazine.