Elgas Gas Project of the Year
This award recognises an outstanding gas installation project within Queensland that showcases expertise in gas and adherence to the relevant codes and standards.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- The project can be a domestic or commercial installation (with Type A or B appliances installed).
- Projects must be under construction or completed between April 2019 and April 2021.
- All work must be performed by a Queensland licensed gas fitter.
- Companies must be QBCC licensed in the relevant field in order to enter.
- The project must be based in Queensland, Australia.
- Installation must comply with the relevant Australian Standards.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence, as site inspections will not be conducted.
- Projects can be nominated by the company, staff personnel or by someone else.
The nominees will be judged on the below criteria for this award category:
- Compliance with Gas Standard AS5601: 2013 (Amdt 2016) and / or AS1596:2014 (Amdt 2016) LPG
- Correct pipe sizing
- Quality of work and safety
- Materials used
- Level of innovation
- Work aesthetics
- Effectiveness of work
- Any new products including the use of energy efficient products
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Nominees must clearly identify which elements of the project relates to Type A or B gas.
- A detailed description must be supplied about the project as well as a list of materials used and use of new/innovative products.
- A minimum of ten high resolution photos of the work on the project must be submitted for judging. Click here for photo requirements.
- A limit of one nomination per company.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.
If you are a winner of this award category, you will receive a trophy, certificate and a prize. You will be publicly recognised at the Awards Presentation Dinner in July 2021 and then featured as an award-winner in the September/October edition of the Master Plumber Magazine.