Commercial Type B Gas Installation of the Year
Congratulations to the Award Winner – James Giles Plumbing, Swickers Kingaroy
This is a record equalling fifth consecutive year that James Giles Plumbing have taken out a top gas installation award.
This year James Giles Plumbing was engaged by Swickers Kingaroy, the largest pig processing facility in the southern hemisphere, to install and commission the new 25 Gigajoule per hour Type B gas scorcher and upgrade the existing pipe work and pressure reduction station at the Bulk LPG tank. They also had to assist in the design of the new scorcher, complete the Type B Technical submission and assist with the development of the HAZOP for the new gas system.
“Winning this award for the 5th year in a row is a fantastic result for our small family owned and operated business. This award means a lot to our staff involved in these past projects as it recognises their hard work, commitment and knowledge around the commercial and industrial gas sectors. It also gives us a chance to showcase our versatility in the gas industry.”
This award recognises the most outstanding commercial type B gas installation project of the year.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- The project must be a commercial or industrial installation (installation can be to LPG or NG specifications).
- The project must include a Type B certified appliance (with the approval plate clearly identifying its approval and compliance).
- Projects must be under construction or completed between April 2018 – April 2019.
- All work must be performed by a Queensland licensed gas fitter.
- Companies must be QBCC licensed in the relevant field in order to enter.
- The project must be based in Queensland, Australia.
- Installation must comply with the relevant Australian Standards.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence, as site inspections will not be conducted.
- Projects can be nominated by the company, staff personnel or by someone else.
Nominees will be judged on the below criteria:
- Compliance with Australian Standards
- Quality of work, safety and aesthetics
- Materials used
- Level of innovation
- Effectiveness of work
- Use of innovative products
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Nominees must clearly identify which element of the project is related to Type B.
- A detailed description must be supplied about the project as well as a list of materials used and use of new/innovative products.
- A minimum of ten high resolution photos of the work on the project must be submitted for judging. Click here for photo requirements.
- A limit of one nomination per company per category.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.