Construction Skills Queensland Merv Harris Memorial Bursary Award
Who is Merv Harris?
Merv Harris was a man who devoted a lifetime to the encouragement of the young, particularly in the field of training and apprenticeships.
This award recognises an apprentice who continues to improve through hard work, dedication and application.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- Candidates must be under 23 years of age.
- Candidates must be based in Queensland, Australia.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of two blocks of college training.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence.
The nominees will be judged on the below criteria for this award category:
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Work ethic
- Knowledge of the industry
- Technical knowledge
- Self-development aspirations within the industry
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Candidates must complete all questions in the judging questionnaire upon submission of the nomination form (unless nominated by someone else – questions must be submitted within 14 days from nomination form submission). Click here to see questionnaire example.
- Candidates must provide a minimum of ten high-resolution photos accompanied with their nomination (please click here for photo requirements).
- Candidates must be available to answer a short questionnaire and ten minute interview by the judging panel (interviews will be scheduled in May 2021).
- Employer or Site Manager of the nominee will be required to complete a short survey.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.
If a nominee is named one of the finalists for the award category, they will be contacted and asked to attend the Awards Presentation Dinner on Friday 23 July 2021 in Brisbane. Finalists will receive two free tickets to attend the awards night (valued at $380).
If you are a winner of this award category, you will receive a trophy, certificate and a $500 bursary to spend on tools or training to further assist you in your apprenticeship. You will be publicly recognised at the Awards Presentation Dinner in July 2021 and then featured as an award-winner in the September/October edition of the Master Plumber Magazine.