NOT UPDATED Passive Fire Protection and Compliance Excellence
Congratulations to the Award Winner – Cooke & Dowsett
Cooke & Dowsett won this award for their work on Coorparoo Square where they demonstrated the use of new systems on the market with evidence of multiple products in numerous substrates. Their submission was well supported with passive fire certification documents, photos and compliance with all relevant standards and codes. Having applied the correct systems for a number of situations that were encountered onsite, Cooke & Dowsett are a deserved winner of this award.
Highly Commended – Elevate Plumbing
Finalist – Beavis and Bartels
This award recognises excellence in Passive Fire Processes and Compliance.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- Projects must contain passive fire: Projects, systems and installation.
- Projects must be under construction or completed between the months of April 2018 – April 2019.
- All work must be performed by a Queensland Licensed Plumber and certified as compliant by an appropriately licensed entity.
- Companies must be QBCC licensed.
- The project must be based in Queensland, Australia.
- Projects can be nominated by the company, staff personnel or by another individual.
Nominees will be judged on the below criteria:
- Must comply with the National Construction Code (NCC) Fire Standard AS1530 and AS4072 and the manufacturers requirements and industries best practices
- The correct systems have been chosen for projects
- Quality of work and safety
- Documentation and quality assurance checks
- Maintain current knowledge of systems used
- Use of new products/systems
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- A detailed description must be supplied about the overall processes your company takes towards passive fire protection across all jobs.
- Installation must comply with the relevant Australian Standards and the National Construction Code.
- All projects, whether they are completed or still under construction at the time of nomination, must have photo and/or video evidence of the exposed work. It is highly recommended that all nominees attach and include as much detail as possible to support their nomination (including work plans, summary of work carried out, video, etc.). No site inspections will be conducted for any projects.
- A minimum of 10 high-resolution photos of various projects with passive fire are required to be submitted with your nomination.
- A limit of one nomination per company.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.