Department of Housing and Public Works Tradesperson of the Year
This award recognises a Queensland licensed plumber/drainer/gas fitter who displays exceptional workmanship and positively contributes to the industry through leadership and ongoing professional development.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- Candidates must be QBCC licensed in at least one of the relevant fields in order to enter (plumber, drainer and/or gasfitter).
- Candidates must be based in Queensland, Australia.
- Candidates must be able to provide evidence of workmanship, leadership and ongoing professional development. No site inspections will be conducted.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence.
The nominees will be judged on the below criteria for this award category:
- Technical ability and knowledge of acts and regulations
- Industry awareness
- Involvement and contributions to the industry
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Candidates must submit answers to the questions requested in the nomination form by the stated deadlines.
- Candidates must be available for a phone interview by members of the judging panel if requested (May 2020).
- Candidates must provide a minimum of ten high-resolution photos accompanied with their nomination. Please click here for photo requirements.
- Candidates must provide evidence of workmanship, leadership and ongoing professional development through photos/videos, testimonials from customers and/or clients and industry peers, etc.
If you are a winner of this award category, you will receive a trophy, certificate and a prize. You will be publicly recognised at the Awards Presentation Dinner in July 2020 and then featured as an award-winner in the September/October edition of the Master Plumber Magazine.