AITC School Based Apprentice of the Year
This award recognises a school based apprentice who demonstrates outstanding knowledge and ability in plumbing and gas work.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- Candidates must currently be participating in a school based plumbing apprenticeship in Queensland or was undertaking a school based apprenticeship between 2019-2020.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence.
The nominees will be judged on the below criteria for this award category:
- Demonstrated excellence in performance at school and “on the job”.
- A role model for other young people wanting to join the plumbing and gas industry.
- Evidenced commitment to the plumbing trade.
- Technical knowledge.
- Personal, academic and industry achievements.
- Demonstrated leadership, entrepreneurship and creativity.
- Personal interests and community contributions.
- Future goals and aspirations.
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Candidates must provide proof they are participating in a school based Plumbing Apprenticeship.
- Candidates must complete all questions in the School Based Apprentice questionnaire upon submission of the nomination form (unless nominated by someone else – questions must be submitted within 14 days from nomination form submission). Click here to see questionnaire example.
- Candidates must provide a minimum of ten high-resolution photos accompanied with their nomination (please click here for photo requirements), video footage can also be supplied if available.
- Candidates must be available to answer a short questionnaire and ten minute interview by the judging panel (interviews will be scheduled in May 2021).
- Employer or Site Manager of the nominee will be required to complete a short survey.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.
If a nominee is named one of the finalists for the award category, they will be contacted and asked to attend the Awards Presentation Dinner on Friday 15 October 2021 in Brisbane. Finalists will receive two free tickets to attend the awards night (valued at $380).
If you are a winner of this award category, you will receive a trophy, certificate and a prize. You will be publicly recognised at the Awards Presentation Dinner in October 2021 and then featured as an award-winner in the Summer 2021 edition of the Master Plumber Magazine.