Third Year Apprentice of the Year (EBA)
Plumbing and Pipe Trades Employees Union Qld
Congratulations to the Award Winner – Nathan Crowley, Axis Plumbing
Nathan is currently employed by Axis Plumbing and is studying at the Service Trades College. His employer describes him as always smiling and an individual who never has to be told twice. He considers this career path to be the best decision he’s ever made and looks forward to finishing his plumbing apprenticeship with his sights set on sprinkler fitting in the future.
“I enjoy learning new things which keeps me interested and engaged at work, to be recognised for that is a great feeling. I think Axis Plumbing as a company has to take credit for this win also. All the workers on our job really take the time to make sure I understand what I’m doing and why I’m doing it, which makes it a great company to work for.”
Runner Ups – Harly Morton, Beavis and Bartels and Travis Nguyen, Boone and Willard Pty Ltd
This award recognises the best third year apprentice (EBA) in Queensland who demonstrates outstanding plumbing knowledge and ability.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- Candidates must currently be indentured as a third year apprentice.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of three blocks of college.
- Candidates must be part of a Plumbers’ Union Queensland EBA company.
- Candidates must currently be participating in a plumbing apprenticeship based in Queensland.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
Nominees will be judged on the below criteria:
- Technical knowledge
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of the industry
- Self-development aspirations within the industry
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Candidates must complete all questions in the Judging Questionnaire upon submission of the nomination form (unless nominated by someone else – questions must be submitted within 14 days from nomination form submission).
- Candidates must provide a minimum of ten high-resolution photos accompanied with their nomination. Please click here for photo requirements.
- Candidates must be available to answer a short questionnaire and ten minute interview by the judging panel (interviews will be scheduled in May 2019).
- Employer or Site Manager of the nominee will be required for a short interview by the judging panel (interviews will be scheduled in May 2019).
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.