This award recognises the best fourth year apprentice in Queensland who demonstrates outstanding knowledge and ability in plumbing and gas work.
The below requirements must be met in order to be eligible for this award category:
- Candidates must be indentured as a fourth year apprentice between April 2022 – April 2023.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of four blocks of college.
- Candidates must currently be participating in a plumbing apprenticeship based in Queensland.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence.
The nominees will be judged on the below criteria for this award category:
- Technical knowledge
- Demonstrated skills and ability
- Work ethic
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of the industry
- Self-development aspirations within the industry
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Candidates must complete all questions in the judging questionnaire upon submission of the nomination form (unless nominated by someone else – questions must be submitted within 14 days from nomination form submission).
- Candidates must provide a minimum of ten supporting documents or high-resolution photos with their nomination.
- Candidates must be available to answer a short questionnaire and ten minute interview by the judging panel (interviews will be scheduled in mid 2023).
- Employer or Site Manager of the nominee are required to complete a short survey.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.
If a nominee is named one of the finalists for the award category, they will be contacted and asked to attend the Awards Presentation Dinner on Friday 6 October 2023 in Brisbane. Apprentice category finalists will receive one free ticket to attend the awards night (valued at $250.00).
If you are a winner of this award category, you will receive a trophy, certificate and a $500 bursary to spend on tools or training to further assist you in your apprenticeship. You will be publicly recognised at the Awards Presentation Dinner in October 2023 and then featured as an award-winner in the Summer 2023 edition of the Master Plumber Magazine.