This award recognises the best second, third or fourth year apprentice in Queensland who demonstrates outstanding knowledge and ability in plumbing and gas work.
The below requirements must be met to be eligible for this award category:
- Candidates must currently be indentured as a second, third or fourth year apprenticeship in Queensland.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of three blocks of college.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else.
- All work must be available to judge through photos and video evidence.
- Candidates must be named Second, Third or Fourth Year Apprentice of the Year at the same awards night.
The nominees will be judged on the below criteria for this award category:
- Technical knowledge
- Demonstrated skills and ability
- Work ethic
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of the industry
- Self-development aspirations within the industry
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions apply for this award category:
- Candidates must complete all questions in the judging questionnaire upon submission of the nomination form (unless nominated by someone else – questions must be submitted within 14 days from nomination form submission). Click here to see questionnaire example.
- Candidates must provide a minimum of ten high-resolution photos accompanied with their nomination. Please click here for photo requirements.
- Candidates must be available to answer a short questionnaire and ten minute interview by the judging panel (interviews will be scheduled in mid 2022).
- Employer or Site Manager of the nominee will be required to complete a short survey.
- Failure to submit any conditions of entry by the stated deadlines may result in the withdrawal of the nomination.
All Apprentice nominees in the Second, Third and Fourth Year Apprentice of the Year categories will be automatically nominated for the Queensland Apprentice of the Year award. The finalists for this category will be made up of the winners of the Second, Third and Fourth Year Apprentice of the Year awards and as such, will not be announced until the night of the Plumbing and Gas Industry Awards.
If you are a winner of this award category, you will receive a trophy, certificate and a $500 bursary to spend on tools or training to further assist you in your apprenticeship. You will be publicly recognised at the Awards Presentation Dinner in October 2022 and then featured as an award-winner in the Summer 2022 edition of the Master Plumber Magazine.